The Hope of Righteousness


For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
Galatians 5:5

This was the verse that God used to send peace to my heart about His plans for me this summer. If you are a Christian, you may well know the near indescribable desire that comes over you to please Christ and to truly be found faithful. To not just to have a life abundant with good works, that God would be magnified, but to live your life in such a way that Satan would fume in anger at the damage done to his kingdom by the gushing power of Christ effectively distributed through you. To know God so intimately, to love Him so whole-heartedly, that the rich spiritual discernment only triggered by the very dwelling of His Spirit in your life, is infused into every earthly decision. To walk in victory, to dwell in wisdom, to diligently, powerfully share the Gospel to those who, without knowledge of the law, would not know the beauty of grace.

It is an amazing thought to dwell on - that we, mere flesh and blood, can attain this righteousness of Christ. We have hope. Hope in life and hope in death! We are a people of hope. And how vain all of our good actions would be, if we were not drawn to a closer walk with Christ ourselves, if we talked about Him, and did the things He did, but our actions were all spurred on by knowledge, and not through firsthand experience. It can become so easy to desire a broader ministry on earth, but not pray for depth... so we may indeed get a broader ministry, but its impact is so shallow! Deepen your walk with God, and He will broaden it, I am told.

This desire for Christ's fellowship has been the leading confirmation for me to set aside this summer for the purpose of deepening my walk with Him! Three other girls and I are interning with the Bright Lights ministry, and already one fast-paced week is behind us! Our afternoons are spent with the more practical side of the ministry, such as graphic design, preparation for conferences, packing orders, managing the book store, writing discipleship material, etc. and our mornings are spent in the Word, study and prayer. It really feels like gold to be able to set aside the responsibilities at home that fill time up so quickly, and invest in knowing Christ more personally instead.

As I mentioned briefly on twitter,  I had a pretty unexpected (is it ever expected?...) computer problem just before coming to Iowa that may significantly effect my blogging this summer! However, I have a lot of pictures and stories to share about our work here and upcoming travels around the States that I would love to share with you! So if you want to keep up with the latest - pray for my poor little laptop! :) And me! I'm kind of in Photoshop withdrawal...

I mentioned at the beginning of this post how Galatians 5:5 was my theme verse before coming here:

For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.

After I arrived in Iowa and had settled in to the intern's house, I came across Romans 5:5, which was right in line with theme of Galatians 5:5, and felt like an incredible confirmation from the Lord that I was right where He wanted me! Romans 5:5 says,

And hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Hope you all are having a refreshing and restful Sunday - especially you fathers! I am immensely grateful for my own dad and his wisdom, love and support that have been extremely instrumental in my life. But most of all, I am eternally indebted to our Heavenly Father, by Whom I have the hope of righteousness, by faith. What a rewarding pursuit! Let's not leave its power undiscovered.

No man that seeketh after things of this life
Is a soldier who passes the test.
Be faithful, be working, be running, be serving,
Be searching His Word for His best.

Living or dying, may honor be Thine.
From this wretched life, You loved and forgave.
A life that is on fire, be only our heart's desire.
Be faithful from now to the grave.

May the Lord find us faithful.
May His Word be our banner held high.
May the Lord find us faithful
Ev'ry day, though we live, though we die.
Mac Lynch

Labels: , ,