Playing for the Glory of the Lord!

I felt so blessed yesterday to be graduating with so much support and encouragement from family and friends. It was wonderful to give the Lord the credit for any and every accomplishment - spiritual or educational. God truly has been involved in the training of our church's 2010 graduates and I'm thankful for the willingness of each parent that made the self-sacrifice needed to school them at home!

Thanks for the picture, Hannah Hanson!

One way we wanted to give God the glory was through triumphant and God-honoring music! It's been so much fun to learn this 2 piano duet with Dad - an arrangement of, "Rejoice, the Lord is King" and "O Rejoice in the Lord" (a song Sarah and I used to sing before she had her accident in '05: "O rejoice in the Lord, He makes no mistake and He knoweth the end of each path that I take..."). I made an audio recording of one of our practice runs - let me emphasize: it was a practice run... not quite up to par, nor void of background noises, but I thought you might enjoy listening to it anyway. :)




Rejoice, the Lord is King! Your Lord and King adore;
Mortals give thanks and sing, and triumph evermore;
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!


Jesus, the Savior, reigns, the God of truth and love;
When He had purged our stains He took His seat above;
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!


His kingdom cannot fail, He rules o’er earth and Heav’n,
The keys of death and hell are to our Jesus giv’n;
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!


He sits at God’s right hand till all His foes submit,
And bow to His command, and fall beneath His feet:
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice;
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!



He all His foes shall quell, shall all our sins destroy,
And every bosom swell with pure seraphic joy;
Lift up your heart, lift up your voice,
Rejoice, again I say, rejoice!



-- Charles Wesley

Labels: , , , ,