Upon the Table of Your Heart

med⋅i⋅tate
–verb (used without object)
1. to engage in thought or contemplation; reflect.
2. to engage in transcendental meditation, devout religious contemplation, or quiescent spiritual introspection.
–verb (used with object)
3. to consider as something to be done or effected; intend; purpose.

1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:
2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.
3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:
Proverbs 3
13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
16
Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee
.

I Timothy 4

1
My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.
2 Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.
3 Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.
4 Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; and call understanding thy kinswoman:
Proverbs 7


1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly...

...his delight is in the law of the LORD;

and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
Psalm 1:1a-2

Labels: ,