Preperation and Answers are from the Lord

Recently, I've been really blessed by a couple verses in Proverbs chapter 16:

(1) The preparation of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, is from the LORD.
(3) Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

In the mornings here, we have a routine of gathering in groups of 2 or 3 and praying for each other and ATI families. I asked the young lady I prayed with today that she would pray for God to bless me with His wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Although these are virtues I hope I grow in my entire life, I saw God acknowledge that prayer later in the morning, as He gave me the opportunity to put into practice things He's been teaching me by crossing my paths with a woman who had a lot of questions about salvation, Heaven, and the sin nature. I am so grateful for the Bible during conversations like that, because God almost always brings to mind verses and precepts from Scripture that directly apply to the topic at hand. I thank the Lord that His strength is made perfect in my weakness, and that He has promised His Word will not return unto Him void, but will accomplish what He pleases and prosper where He sends it. [See Isaiah 55:11]

Labels: , , ,