Interview with an Atheist

The Lord has continued to impress upon my heart the responsibility we have as believers to witness, and the more I study, practice or experience God given encounters with the lost, the more excited I get about it! The incredible joy of following God's promptings can not be matched by the "security" of remaining anonymous to everyone around me. I've been praying for a deeper, more accurate fear of the Lord in order to squelch the fear of man inside of me, and I have been reminded of the verse, "The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion." (Prov. 28:1) This atheist actually has a lot of accurate things to say and I found it very impacting to hear it from someone who doesn't even believe in God, but rather has based his conclusions apart from faith and simply on what the Bible says whether or not he believes it to be true. It's painful to hear him speak truth and yet see his refusal to believe it... I couldn't help but pray that God would open his eyes before it's too late so that he would believe! After watching the video I thought of the hymn Almost Persuaded:

“Almost persuaded” now to believe;
“Almost persuaded” Christ to receive;
Seems now some soul to say,
“Go, Spirit, go Thy way,
Some more convenient day
On Thee I’ll call.”

“Almost persuaded,” come, come today;
“Almost persuaded,” turn not away;
Jesus invites you here,
Angels are lingering near
Prayers rise from hearts so dear;
O wanderer, come!

“Almost persuaded,” harvest is past!
“Almost persuaded,” doom comes at last!
“Almost” cannot avail;
“Almost” is but to fail!
Sad, sad, that bitter wail—
“Almost,” but lost!


“He who is al­most per­suad­ed is al­most saved, and to be al­most saved is to be en­tire­ly lost.”

-Rev. Mr. Brundage



"
Let the redeemed of the LORD say so..."
Psalm 107:2a

Labels: