1. Get thoroughly dissatisfied with yourself.
2. Set your face like a flint toward a sweeping transformation.
3. Put yourself in the way of blessing.
4. Do a thorough job of repenting.
5. Make restitution wherever possible.
6. Bring your life into accord with the Sermon on the Mount.
7. Be serious-minded.
8. Deliberately narrow your interests.
9. Begin to witness.
10. Have faith in God.
Guidelines for revival by A. W. Tozer
It is one thing to mourn for sin because it exposes us to hell, and another to mourn for it because it is an infinite evil; one thing to mourn for it because it is injurious to yourselves, and another thing to mourn for it because it is wrong and offensive to God. It is one thing to be terrified; another, to be humbled.
You cannot repent too soon because you do not know how soon it may be too late.
--Sir Thomas Fuller
Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing. For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death. For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge!
11 Corinthians 7:9-11
Labels: QUOTES, SCRIPTURE, SUCCESS