As The Deer

As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God:
Psalms 42:1-2a

Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands.
They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: They have ears, but they hear not: noses have they, but they smell not: They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throat. They that make them are like unto them; so is every one that trusteth in them.
Psalms 115: 4-8


As the deer panteth for the water
So my soul longeth after Thee
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee

You alone are my strength, my shield
To you alone may my spirit yield
You alone are my heart's desire
And I long to worship Thee
A. Martin Nystrom

Labels: ,